By Matthias Noback
ABOUT THE BOOK
I've written A yr With Symfony for you, a developer who will paintings with Symfony2 for greater than a month (and most likely greater than a year). you've gotten begun examining your approach throughout the reputable documentation ("The Book"), the cookbook, a few blogs, or a web instructional. you recognize now the right way to create a Symfony2 software, with routing, controllers, entities or records, Twig templates and perhaps a few unit checks. yet after those simple steps, a few matters will elevate about...
- The reusability of your code - How if you happen to constitution your code to make it reusable in a destiny venture? or perhaps within the similar venture, yet with a distinct view or in a console command?
- the standard of the inner API you have got knowingly or unknowingly created - What are you able to do to make sure that your workforce contributors will comprehend your code, and should use it within the manner it used to be intended for use? how will you make your code versatile sufficient for use in occasions corresponding to the only you wrote it for?
- the extent of safety of your software - Symfony2 and Doctrine appear to immediately make you invulnerable for famous assaults in your internet software, like XSS, CSRF and SQL injection assaults. yet are you able to thoroughly depend on the framework? And what steps in case you take to mend the various last issues?
- the internal workings of Symfony2 - if you happen to take one step farther from growing simply controllers and perspectives, you'll soon want to know extra in regards to the HttpKernel that's the center of a Symfony2 program. How does it recognize what controller will be used, and which template? and the way are you able to override any choice that's made whereas dealing with a request?
To get a greater notion concerning the e-book, have a look at the desk of contents below), or obtain a pattern of the publication above.
A published variation of this publication is accessible through Lulu.com.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthias Noback @matthiasnoback
My identify is Matthias Noback. i'm a personal home page, Symfony2, item orientated programming, test-driven improvement enthousiast, dwelling in Zeist with my female friend and son, who's jealous of me because i could examine a display all day.
In prior years I've labored as software program developer with a unique awareness to inner caliber coverage. Now I'm a contract developer, advisor and writer.
I frequently submit approximately many of the extra complex Symfony2-related subject matters on my web publication php-and-symfony.matthiasnoback.nl.
Read or Download A Year With Symfony PDF
Similar programming books
Programming Clojure, second variation is an important replace to the vintage ebook at the Clojure language. You'll get thorough insurance of the entire new beneficial properties of Clojure 1. three, and revel in reorganized and rewritten chapters that replicate the importance of recent Clojure thoughts. Many code examples were rewritten or changed, and each web page has been reevaluated within the mild of Clojure 1.
The C++ fast Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax connection with the C++ programming language. It offers the fundamental C++ syntax in a well-organized structure that may be used as a convenient reference.
You won’t locate any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out heritage classes, or witty tales during this ebook. What you can find is a language reference that's concise, to the purpose and hugely obtainable. The booklet is full of valuable details and is a must have for any C++ programmer.
In the C++ fast Syntax Reference, you'll find:
* A concise connection with the C++ language syntax.
* brief, uncomplicated, and centred code examples.
* A good laid out desk of contents and a finished index permitting effortless evaluate.
Intermediate and complicated insurance of visible easy 2010 and . internet four for pro developersIf you could have already coated the fundamentals and need to dive deep into VB and . web issues that pro programmers use so much, this is often your publication. you will find a brief overview of introductory topics-always helpful-before the writer staff of specialists strikes you fast into such subject matters as information entry with ADO.
- Advanced Metaprogramming in Classic C++ (3rd Edition)
- Processing 2: Creative Coding Hotshot
- Logic Programming: 24th International Conference, ICLP 2008 Udine, Italy, December 9-13 2008 Proceedings
- Model Building in Mathematical Programming (5th Edition)
Additional info for A Year With Symfony
Before sending any HTML tag, you should set the content type of the response by calling the setContentType method, passing “text/html” as an argument. This is how you tell the browser that the content type is HTML. Most browsers by default render a response as HTML in the absence of a content type. However, some browsers will display HTML tags as plain text if you don’t set the response content type. 1. You’ll see it used in 44 Servlet & JSP: A Tutorial, Second Edition other applications in this chapter and next chapters.
Use this method to retrieve the ServletContext from inside a servlet. See the section “ServletContext” later in this chapter for a discussion about this object. As an example of ServletConfig, let’s add a servlet named ServletConfigDemoServlet to servletapi1. 2. 4. 4: ServletConfigDemoServlet in action Alternatively, you can pass initial parameters in the deployment descriptor. Utilizing the deployment descriptor for this purpose is easier than using @WebServlet since the deployment descriptor is a text file and you can edit it without recompiling the servlet class.
An important point to note is thread safety. atomic package. The next section, “Writing A Basic Servlet Application,” shows how you can write a Servlet Implementation. Writing A Basic Servlet Application Writing a servlet application is surprisingly easy. All you have to do is create a directory structure and place your servlet classes in a certain directory. If you are using NetBeans, then NetBeans will create the correct directory structure for you. In this section you’ll learn how to write a simple servlet application named servletapi1.